Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Dialogue"

"You're going to die from that."
"You're gonna die too."
"From what?"
"Everyone dies."
"Smoking cigarettes will kill you faster."
"Not if you get in a car accident tomorrow. Then YOU will die faster."
"But I'm not going to get in a car accident. So you will die faster than me because you smoke."
"What if someone trying to prove a point decides to take the brakes out of your car tonight and tomorrow you die in a freak accident? Then you will die first."
"That's not even funny."
"I thought is was funny."
"You think its funny saying that you're going to take the brakes out of my car to kill me just so you can prove your stupid point?"
"No. I never said I was going to be the one who messed with your brakes."
"So what, you're going to tell someone else to mess with my brakes to kill me to prove a point?"
"Well at least I won't go to jail. It's not fun there."
"You're an idiot. Don't talk about me dying."
"Then don't talk about me dying!"
"Whatever."

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading this because inevitably they are going to die, no matter what. We cant choose the way we die either. I felt that the characters in your dialogue were loosing site of that as they argued who was going to die first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how realistic this conversation is. I've been in one or two conversations where I say something that doesn't sound offense, but the other person takes it offensively and turns the entire thing into a heated conversation. Other than how realistic it was, I also agree with the idea that no one really knows who will die first. Someone could have been smoking their entire life and still live to be 70, but you hear it in the news all the time about teenagers dying because of drinking and driving

    ReplyDelete
  3. MRAH YES. this is like what i say whenever someone hounds me about smoking. love it.
    also, having a stick up your ass probably isn't good for your digestive system, so thats another point for the smoker. :)

    ReplyDelete